Saturday 10 March 2007

portable internet tablet experienses

Last three days I have had internet in my pocket, literally.
Where ever I had a break, I connected myself to internet.
With my new pocket size nokia 770 it's so easy,
because WiFi is everywhere.

I can't say that my internet surffing has been very productive. It was too easy to
forget home work and get carried away with interesting web sites and links to other
new sites. I think this is normal because my PDA is new and I'm just learning all the possible uses for this.

So far I have managed to do following things:
-read and write email
-listen to internet radio, download podcasts and listen to mp3-music
-have news sent to me when published
-chat with my friends by typing and talking (and it's free!)
-view satellite images and maps from google maps (can also be use GPS-locator)
-Watch few movies. unfortunately not all video formats.

battery lasts about 3 hours when online, maant times more for other purposes.
I found out that I can use 1/10 of transmitting power to save battery when WiFi signal is strong. it could be a good idea to disconnect from WiFi when reading a long text on web page and re-connect when going to next web page.

installing new software tot his unix-operating system PDA is a pain
but using it has been a pleasure. It weights only 230 grams, by the way!

No comments: